To those of you who are competing,
Competition week is here which means your week is going to be super exciting, and perhaps a little stressful. Here are some things to think about as we approach the Galt Games this weekend.
Be sure to plan your weekly workouts schedule ahead of time. Have a clear idea of when you will be at the box, when you are gonna rest, and how hard you are gonna hit your workouts this week. This is the week before competition, and has hard as it can be, rest and recovery will be very important this week. Something to think about is planning a total rest day. By total rest day, I mean no CF! I do not like taking a total rest day the day before competition. I often feel like that leaves me feeling a little sluggish. So for me, competing on Saturday, I plan to rest on Thursday, and still get a light WOD/workout in on Friday. Also be smart about injuries. If you have been struggling with some nagging issue, the last thing you want to do is aggravate it this week. So be smart about what you do in your WODs. Also, be sure to be getting plenty of rest this week. Remember that it is not necessarily the night before you compete that is the most important, but two nights prior.
Some other things to think about when gearing up for your weekend of competition:
– make sure you go to the store, so you can bring nutrition with you to the comp. You are going to want to have some grub with you that you know your stomach can handle. Also, sense we do not know heats and times, you may not have time to go out and get stuff during the day, so having some food on hand is very important. You may want to pack a mini cooler, just so things stay fresh for ya throughout the day.
– Clothes- you do not want to spend the entire day sitting in sweaty clothes. Bring warm stuff (sweats) and extra WOD clothes with you.
– I bring all of my CF gear- this means my OLY shoes, jump rope, belts, wrist wraps, you name it, I got it with me!
– Mobility tools- if you have a mobility tool that helps you get ready for your workouts, bring it!
– Kief and I usually make sure we bring chairs with us in the car, just incase the seating situation isnt great. We usually bring those chairs in a bag.
Yes, it often does look like I am moving in the competion venue when I arrive, but I would rather have more then I need then have to step into a WOD wishing I had brought something.
Get excited team! You are all ready for this and are going to do great!!!! Kief and I are so excited for all of you to compete, and to be heading to Chicago with such a strong group of Connex athletes! Let’s show Chicago what we got Connex!
WOD- Open Workout 13.1
17 min AMRAP
30 Snatches (75/45)
30 Snatches (135/75)
30 Snatches (165/100)
With remaining time: AMRAP Snatches (210/120)