Rest Day/ St. Patty’s Day/ Shamrock Shuffle!
Good luck to all of our Shamrock Shuffle runners. Hope you all have a great race and most importantly have fun. A couple of things pertaining to race day.
1. If you would like to get in a warm up before your race, we have been invited to join Madison Multisport for their race day warm up. Madison MultiSport Coach and Connex athlete , Justin G., will be leading this warm up. I will warn everyone that this warmup will likely include an easy 2 mile jog. : ) If you would like to participate in the warm up please be sure to be at the Overture Centre Rotunda at 9:00 am.
2. If running two miles pre race sounds a little daunting there is a group meeting at Capital Centre Apartments (344 W. Dayton St. # 207). This location is less then a block away from the Overture Center. If you plan on meeting up here please give Alyse a call at (906) 395 2597. This group will venture over to the race together and meet up with the MMS warm up crew.
3. If you are wanting to be on your own morning schedule, but would still like to see some familiar faces pre race, the warm up crew will be back at the Overture center around 9:30 and will head to the race coral shortly after that.
4. Post race we will be meeting up and celebrating St. Patty’s day at the Irish Pub. (317 State St) Everyone is welcome and encouraged to join us there! If you ran the race or not, it would be great to have you come join us! If you do plan on hanging out post race I would suggest bringing some dry clothes. Hanging out in your sweaty running gear may get a little chilly!
5. Race Day Forecast: 32 degrees and Sunny. Let’s do this!
Again, good luck to all of our runners! Be sure to take lots of photos! Have fun, be safe, and run fast! : )