October Athlete of the Month
CONGRATS Gillian S.
Section 1: A little about you!
1. What are your favorite hobbies, talents, skills outside of CrossFit? Reading, running, sleeping. I’m really good at sleeping.
2. What motto or phrase do you live by?
3. What is something we might not know about you? I really love shoes – it’s perhaps unhealthy.
4. What is your favorite music to listen to while WODing?
5. What recent adventure are you planning? Austin City Limits
6. Do any of your family members CrossFit? If so, where? Spouse – aka Dave
7. Where are you originally from? Idaho – I know, it explains a lot.
8. What is your occupation? Quality Engineer
9. What is your athletic background? Track/Cross Country, Army PT – regaining my lost side straddle hop (aka jumping jack) skills.
1. How long have you been with CrossFit Connex? 3 months
2. What is your favorite WOD? Anything AMRAP – I like turning the cards over
3. What is your least favorite WOD? WODs including the prowler.
4. What is your favorite lift? Clean and jerk
5. What is your least favorite lift? Snatch
6. What is your favorite paleo meal/snack? Bacon
7. What is your favorite cheat Food(s)? Pad Thai
8. What would your perfect WOD look like? 5K for time- sorry everyone who doesn’t like to run, I’m sure payback will arrive in the form of an OH Squat workout with wall climbs and prowler push
9. What is one thing you have done at CFC that you never thought you would do? Wear a superhero costume to work out – really didn’t see that one coming.
10. What motivates you during a CrossFit WOD? Thinking about chocolate milk
11. What do you eat pre/post WOD? Pre – usually almonds, but then I have to remember to check that I don’t have almond skins stuck in my teeth. You guys would tell me, right? Post – chocolate milk.
1. What results have you seen so far in coming to CFC? I can do squats and lunges and still walk up the stairs when I get home. Plus, I have the result of awesome new shoes that were essential for my CrossFit success.
2. What was you main reason for joining CFC? Dave kept watching you tube videos.
3. Give us some insight as to your thoughts after your first workout at CrossFit Connex? My thoughts after my first workout were not insightful and may have involved inappropriate language.
4. Tell us a little about then VS now in regard to your performances as a CrossFit athlete. I’m able to work out more times per week and I recover faster.
5. Do you have any special or successful CrossFit Connex memories/moments? Ashley pointed out that rope climbing skills could be handy in case of zombie apocalypse – so I’ve got that going for me.
6. What advice would you give to a newbie or someone just joining CrossFit Connex? Umm, I’m still pretty much a newbie, but …Not to get discouraged – results are surprisingly fast. And don’t talk about it at work all the time, people will think you’re weird.
7. What sort of life changes have you experienced because of CrossFit that you didn’t expect? Little stuff keeps catching me by surprise for example – it’s much easier to pick up my dog now.
8. What does CrossFit mean to you? I think one of the website quotes about the fun being in the community sums it up for me.