The concept of the Paleolithic Diet is to get back to the dietary principals followed during ancient times. When adopting this dietary approach, one forgoes all the processed foods you find at the supermarket and instead focus on foods that either occur in the wild or come straight from the ground.
Essentially, if it was available thousands of years ago, it’s going to have a place in your meal plan. This means that your daily diet will primarily consist of meats and fish, plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as nuts and seeds. Oils are typically allowed in moderation and foods to be avoided included dairy products, cereals grains, legumes, starchy vegetables, fatty meats, and foods that are very high in salt content (such as processed meat products and salted nuts).
- Complete the pre and post WOD
- Must be willing to take before and after pictures (pictures will only be seen by Kief and me)
- $25 Buy in to support the challenge.
- Follow the food choices strictly.
- For every cheat meal you must pay $5 into the pot.
- Comment on the blog and at least twice a week about your Paleo Challenge experience or to share successful paleo recipes you have made.
- There will be two possible ways to win the paleo challenge. 1) Most improvement seen between pre and post pictures. 2) Most improved Fran time. The Fran portion of the challenge will have a Scaled and an RXed section! Athletes are responsible for making sure they complete Fran with the same weight and assistance band during both pre and post challenge WODs. Winners will receive 50% of the buy in and cheat meal pot.